Wednesday 29 July 2015

Summer Holidays - Day 3

Today we had an outing to the cinema!

Little Lady and her Tiniest Friend downed a bag of popcorn whilst watching......




It was great!

Nice little story and only about an hour long...perfect!

We returned Tiniest Friend home and headed into town with Crafty Friend to buy Playhouse Curtain Fabric.....




Little Lady's choice.  We haven't scheduled in when we will do this, but we have fabric for when we do.

Little Lady took herself off for a nap whilst Crafty Friend and I had a chinwag over a cuppa or 3.

We rounded the day off with a Prawn Stir Fry.  I was quite impressed with my saucy efforts which were:

Light Soy Sauce (about 6 tablespoons)
2 large finely chopped cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of shaved (from a frozen piece) of ginger
2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar and
1 tablespoon of cornflour
1 tablespoon of Chinese Five Spice powder

I marinated the prawns in this before cooking....it makes a sort of Chinese Gravy! Yummy.

So now I've caught up with myself I think it's time for a Green Tea and bed.

Nite, nite
Love
Nora
xxxx


3 comments:

  1. Dear Karen Re Simplicity 4238, thank you for your kind comment on my latest 4238 on Pinterest. I cheat with the collar, using bias tape, using a tutorial from Lucky Lucille. I also put a photo on Pinterest under Sewing Tutorials, removes all my angst! happy Sewing, Charlotte x http://luckylucille.com/2014/07/bias-tape-is-my-friend/

    ReplyDelete

  2. Your style is unique compared to other people I have read stuff from.Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.
    Villa de vacances à Barcelone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nora. My oldest, who is almost 11 now, adored Thomas and his Friends. I can still remember the names of all the trains who shared a station with him! Looking forward to seeing that pretty fabric whipped up into curtains. My daughter gives you a thumbs up on your flowery choice, too! xoxo Bronwyn (Queen B)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x