Tuesday 20 January 2015

Birthday and Christmas presents......only the craft ones!

My birthday and Christmas are only 4 weeks apart, so a years worth of wishing comes to fruition in a short time!

My husband very wisely refers to my Amazon Wishlist for present ideas and usually picks a good selection like, a book, something practical for sewing and something unrelated to craft.

This year was no exception.  I'm still getting the subscription to Sewing World which I love.

In addition I also received a new blade for my rotary cutter.....




A French curve to help my journey towards making clothes that fit.....




He also got me a make your own knickers kit by Flo-Jo......





... from the Fluffatorium (couldn't resist showing it to you) when we visited a couple of months ago....




I also got this fabulous book.....




A quilt book which is not my style at all, but is very lovely and has sparked lots of ideas.....




And from Crafty Friend, this book......




I used an excerpt from Prima Makes to make this little rag doll for The Hubs newest cousin for Christmas.....

(Bad quality photo taken on my Hudl, in bad light on a 
hotel bed as we were rushing out to a Christening (as I remembered
 that I had forgotten to photograph of it at home!) Doh!)

It was such a lovely project that Crafty Friend thought I might like the whole book....she's not wrong!

With my birthday money I treated myself to a Zàkka book.............




And also some yarn for a special project (using Mums money)......




I also decided to get back into reading so bought myself these (using Mums money)...........




And to brighten my day (as I had LOTS of flowers for my Birthday and too few vases to put them in, Crafty Friend also bought me this lovely jug........



Look at the colours.........




The peach coloured flower reminded me of my hand embroidered runner picked up on eBay, look...............




.....and on closer inspection, the dark green leaves and red and blue flowers!

I was truly spoilt rotten.....and loved it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you lovely peeps xxx

I shall be getting on with some clear outs, updates and Ta-Dah's very soon but for now I'm off to get on with some more crafting, I'll catch up with you soon.

Love
Nora
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x