Tuesday 1 October 2013

A secret project

Back in April, we went to stay with the In-Laws. As you know I do think the absolute world of them, my MIL is one of my best friends. She is quite disabled and needs help with various things, so over the years we have become very close.

Whenever I visit them, I always take some crafting books and magazines for us to browse and a project to keep my fingers busy. Invariably MIL is knitting squares for blankets or hats for AIDS babies.

She gets the magazine Simply Knitting and I always browse her stash of magazines to catch up since the last time. On this occasion I found this..........



A lovely lacy scarf.

When I read the yarn requirements, I realised that I had some Kidsilk Haze in Fushia Pink that I received free when, several years ago, I took up a subscription to Let's Knit. I had never been inspired to use it until now! So here we are with a little fill in project that I can take to ballet classes, the play park or to Knit & Natter (although it takes some concentrating as I am a Lace Virgin and this is my first attempt at anything more complex than plain knitting! So nattering is not a good option as the holes end up in the wrong place!!)

It, thankfully, grows quite quickly. There are 21 patterns to the scarf and I have completed 12, here's progress so far...........



I'm sharing this now in order to kick myself into taking it up again more frequently in order to get it finished for the winter....you might think I'm a bit premature, but, believe me, I'm a very s-l-o-w knitter.

What have you got on your needles, sewing machine, crochet hook or frame to finish? I'd love to see as I catch up with comments and blogs whilst I create.

Until the next time,
Toodle-ooo
Nora
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x