Monday 27 May 2013

Two delicious desserts...the same...but different!

One low fat the other carefree!

The one on the left (with the pastry overhanging the dish) is low fat, the one on the right is carefree.

 
The pastry on the low fat version is Filo, about 6-8 sheets, I don't oil in between because I can't (makes it too high fat for my gall-bladder to cope!), so I leave it...milk or water just makes it soggy.
 
Line the dish with Filo, half fill with stewed apple and top with low fat sponge, a 2 egg mix or half of the recipe here.  Pop that on the top and bake for about 30 minutes.
 
The carefree version is a dish lined with pastry, like you would any pie, half fill with stewed apple and top with sponge, just your usual 2 egg cupcake or Victoria sandwich recipe. Bake for about 30 minutes.
 
Don't overfill with the sponge....leave about 1-2cm for the sponge to rise, any left then just pop it into some cases and bake, you'll have a few delicious little cupcakes for lunch boxes or for small people to decorate whilst you get on with other things later! 
 
It is a lovely dessert with custard, cream or ice cream and I did think that you could do this and leave out the sponge and top with meringue!  Or change the apple for cherries, rhubarb...apple and blackberry...oh the list is endless!
 
Well, sadly I didn't get a picture of them done.  As soon as they came out of the oven the vultures children devoured all but a tiny bit! Look..........

 
So I joined in!  Look........

 
They were delicious and so quick and easy....why not give one of them a try yourself!
 
Making is happening here......blogging is not!  Time just runs away with me.  I promise to make more effort and share some creations with you soon.
 
What have you been up to? (I have been keeping up with blogs!)

I'll see you soon,
Byeeee
Nora
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x