Friday 24 August 2012

Hanging Heart

I have been away for a fortnight to a wonderful barn in Suffolk called Wattisham Hall (Owl's End), it was FANTASTIC!

 
It isn't too far to travel (about 3 hours) but it just felt like a different world.

The barns are fabulously well equipped and to be greeted with the makings of tea and coffee with a pint of milk in the fridge AND a homemade chocolate cake!  What could be better after a long journey.

Watching the sun set from the hot tub in the evening and waking up to the ducks on the moat in the morning....it was torture....but I managed.....hahahahaha!

So that explains my absence from BlogLand and the lack of entry this month into the Pinaddicts Challenge.

However.....I did take a little project or 3 on holiday with me!

First up is a heart!  It was sent to my dear internet friend Michelle.....yes, that's right....we have never met, we became friends supporting each other through a facebook page called The FlyLady.  It was Michelle birthday on 18 August, so I took some cotton yarn on holiday with me to make a Heart hanging decoration.

You may remember back here, that my wonderful crew gave me some books on Mothering Sunday, one was this....

 
I really liked the big pale pink heart and thought that it would be quite easy to make two and crochet them together, stuff, embellish....you get the idea.


I started with 17 chain.....

 
....then I went on holiday and forgot to take any more photos!!!!!!!!!  Der!  But needless to say I followed the pattern and made 2 hearts.
 
To join them I matched wrong sides together and DC'd them together and included a chain of about 10 to make a hanging loop.  Before I completed the round I stuffed with toy stuffing and then closed, stitched in the end and attached a butterfly embellishment made using the pattern from Little Birdie Secrets.
 
I then parcelled it off to my dear friend Michelle (who received it 5 days later....not bad eh?)
 
So here is my Crocheted Hanging Heart debut..........
 
Ta-Daaaahh!...........
 
 
If you want to give this a go, the book is good, there are also loads of crocheted hearts here, many of which lead to tutorials....but for a good free pattern, these are my absolute favourites.........
 
 
 
.........the tutorial is at Fizule71 (you'll need a translator).
 
Back shortly with another make!
 
Nora xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x