Friday 6 January 2012

Boxing Day Feast & Family Fun

After the fun of Christmas Morning, going to Church and driving to my Mum's for Dinner, Boxing Day heralded the start of some lovely days at home with the children.

We kicked off with our Curry Banquet which everyone enjoys because it's different.  I never know what to do with the table that is Festive and yet ....different.  But I came up with this idea.....



..brown parcel paper and chubby felt tips

I used sticky tack to secure our place mats to the table, then covered the lot in brown parcel wrap.  I used broad, glittery pens to write our names at our places inside different shaped bubbles.

Down the centre I had put more place mats (for the sharey bits in the middle) and marked that out in pen.

It still looked a bit dull despite the pink and turquoise crackers and the snowflakes on the ceiling.....


 I thought for a moment......had a dig about...took the scissors into the garden and ...Ta-Dah....


What do you think?  I'm quite proud of my creation..... not because it looks fantastic but more because it made me look at my garden in a whole new way - I didn't know we had this out there!  Anyway that's better and it enhances the overall look of the Festive thread in our otherwise Different style of Christmas Banquet... the Curry way.

We had Girl Time (crafting)....Boy Time (cinema to see Mission Impossible)....Fun Time (taking the Girls to the Panto)....Sporting Time (the Boys playing Pool) and Eating Time (everyone for a meal at Strada).

My Twelve-teen daughter found time to paint her nails in the array of Nail Polishes she had gathered....


and I managed to finish my Wrist Warmers inspired by the Lovely Lucy of  attic24 see.....



Little Lady Scooted (thanks to Granny & Grumps)



There was time for Special Coffee with treats from the vast array of goodies kindly gifted to us......



Deep breath out...hhaaaaahhhhhhh!  Winding down, relaxing, having fun, creating, being together, finding time for yourself, indulging in treats.  What a lovely way to celebrate the old year and welcome in 2012.

Happy New Year xx

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x